Where to start with this guide?
- The modern job market
- Modern recruitment techniques
- Contacts and developing a personal network
- Direct approaches
- CV preparation
- Identifying transferable skills
- Interview preparation and techniques
- Candidate testing
- Suggestions for one to one sessions
- Ideas for groups and peer sessions
- Setting up work clubs and group activities
- Training: the basics
- How training can help the 50+ back into work
- Kinds of training
- Training: the practicalities
- Government employment support programmes
- Other support programmes
- Who is covered by the age provisions of the Equality Act?
- Training and the law
- Recruitment and the law
- Retirement and the law
This site is for help and information only. It is not meant as an authoritative guide. It is not meant as an authoritative statement of the law, and future changes in the law and other programmes and initiatives could make it less accurate at times. TAEN, the Department for Work and Pensions and the European Social Fund take no responsibility for your use of the information. You should always take professional advice on any specific legal or financial matter.